- (with reference to a solid) become or cause to become incorporated into a liquid so as to form a solution；disappear
- an act or instance of moving gradually from one image or scene in a film to another
verb: dissolve, 3rd person present: dissolves, gerund or present participle: dissolving, past tense: dissolved, past participle: dissolved
- 1. (with reference to a solid) become or cause to become incorporated into a liquid so as to form a solution glucose dissolves easily in water dissolve a stock cube in a pint of hot water 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ disappear my courage dissolved 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ subside uncontrollably into (an expression of strong feelings) she suddenly dissolved into floods of tears
- ▪ (of an image or scene in a film) change gradually to (another) the scene dissolves into a series of shots of the Morgan family
- 2. close down or dismiss (an assembly or official body) the National Assembly was dissolved after a coup 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ annul or end (a partnership or marriage) their marriage has been dissolved 同義詞 反義詞
- 1. an act or instance of moving gradually from one image or scene in a film to another the alternatives to a cut are fades or dissolves
vt. (及物動詞 transitive verb) 分解 使溶解;使融化;使液化 Water dissolves salt. 水溶解鹽。 解散;使終結 They dissolved their marriage...
...時看起來上氣接不了下氣,可能是遲到了,而老闆誤認為他是張所致) and the room dissolves in laughter as a certain well-known game ditty blares out from the device...