- the action of separating something into parts or the process of being separated；the distribution of something separated into parts
noun: division, plural noun: divisions
- 1. the action of separating something into parts or the process of being separated:
the division of the land into small fields
a gene that helps regulate cell division
- 2. the distribution of something separated into parts:
the division of his estates between the two branches of his family
- 3. an instance of members of a legislative body separating into two groups to vote for or against a bill:
the new clause was agreed without a division
- 4. the action of splitting the roots of a perennial plant into parts to be replanted separately, as a means of propagation:
the plant can also be easily increased by division in autumn
- 5. the action of dividing a wider class into two or more subclasses.
- 6. disagreement between two or more groups, typically producing tension or hostility:
a growing sense of division between north and south
deep cultural divisions
- 7. the process or skill of dividing one number by another:
no multiplication or division is necessary
- 8. the process of dividing a matrix, vector, or other quantity by another under specific rules to obtain a quotient.
- 9. each of the parts into which something is divided:
the main divisions of the book
- 10. a major unit or section of an organization, typically one handling a particular kind of work:
a retail division
- 11. a group of army brigades or regiments:
an infantry division
- 12. a number of teams or competitors grouped together in a sport for competitive purposes according to such characteristics as ability, size, or geographic location:
the team will finish in fifth place in Division One
- 13. a part of a county, country, or city defined for administrative or political purposes:
a licensing division of a district
- 14. a part of a county or borough forming a parliamentary constituency:
he was MP for the Lancaster division of North Lancashire
- 15. a principal taxonomic category that ranks above class and below kingdom, equivalent to the phylum in zoology.
- 16. any subsidiary category between major levels of classification.
- 17. a partition that divides two groups or things:
the villagers lived in a communal building and there were no solid divisions between neighbors
... of the Comtemporary English 對 division 一字之註解。division為可數名詞（countable大部分都用... form smaller opposing groups division between/within/among something 圖片參考：http://www.ldoceonline...
Division 是"處", department 是"部門". 在組織圖上, "處"比"... Sales Department Sales & Marketing Division 或是 "研發處數位相機產品開發部" DSC Product ...
我想作者主要想強調”許多部門下的該四個部門”特別需要人力, 所以才用all four of the divisions 如果不特別強調, all four of the divisions 是可以直接用all four divisions