- cause to cover a wider area; make larger；cause to last longer
verb: extend, 3rd person present: extends, gerund or present participle: extending, past tense: extended, past participle: extended
- 1. cause to cover a wider area; make larger:
the car park has been extended
- 2. cause to last longer:
they asked the government to extend its period of deliberation
- 3. straighten or spread out (the body or a limb or device) at full length:
hold the index finger down with the thumb extended
- 4. spread from a central point to cover a wider area:
the damage extended 400 yards either side of the shop
- 5. occupy a specified area:
the mountains extend over the western end of the island
- 6. be applicable to:
her generosity did not extend to all adults
- 7. hold (something) out towards someone:
I nod and extend my hand
- 8. offer or make available:
she extended an invitation to her to stay
- 9. cause (someone or something) to exert the utmost effort:
horses have the strength of character to extend themselves to their utmost limit
...yimg.com/rk/AB04640049/o/487708601.jpg 其他像謠言、傳染病都會 spread。 extend 是著重在「伸」、「延」的動作，不夠長要 extend，是沿著一個軸線延長。例如...
extend在這裡是"伸出"你的右手的意思 以下是extend的各種意思 你可以參考一下 KK:  DJ...vi. 1. 伸展;擴大;延續 The tourist season extends from May till October. 旅遊季節從...
prolong life 我覺得比較正確, 我本身在國外讀書 extend 通常是看在, 擴展方面比較多, 以及延長時間 像是外國歷史有用到許多的 extend...