- cause (a space or container) to become full or almost full；block up (a cavity in a tooth) with cement, amalgam, or gold.
- an amount of something which is as much as one wants or can bear；an amount of something which will occupy all the space in a container
noun: fill, plural noun: one's fills
verb: fill, 3rd person present: fills, gerund or present participle: filling, past tense: filled, past participle: filled
- 1. cause (a space or container) to become full or almost full I filled up the bottle with water the office was filled with reporters 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ block up (a cavity in a tooth) with cement, amalgam, or gold.
- ▪ become full Elinor's eyes filled with tears the dining car filled up
- ▪ fill the fuel tank of a car.
- ▪ become an overwhelming presence in; pervade a pungent smell of garlic filled the air 同義詞
- ▪ cause (someone) to experience a strong emotion or feeling his presence filled us with foreboding
- ▪ (of a sail) curve out tautly from its supports as the wind blows into it.
- ▪ (of the wind) blow into (a sail), causing it to curve outwards.
- 2. appoint a person to hold (a vacant post) the board contacted him to say they had already filled the position
- ▪ hold and perform the expected duties of (a post or role) he had filled the post in an acting capacity for some time 同義詞
- ▪ satisfy or fulfil (a want or need) community land trusts are a way to fill the pressing need for housing 同義詞
- 3. occupy or take up (a period of time) the next few days were filled with meetings
- 4. North American be supplied with the items described in (a prescription or order).
- 5. (in poker) complete (a good hand) by drawing the necessary cards.
- 1. an amount of something which is as much as one wants or can bear we have eaten our fill I've had my fill of surprises for one day
- 2. an amount of something which will occupy all the space in a container a fill of tobacco
- ▪ material, typically loose or compacted, which fills a space, especially in building or engineering work loose polystyrene fill
- ▪ the action of filling something, especially of shading in a region of a computer graphics display.
- ▪ (in popular music) a short interjected phrase on a particular instrument.
Q: Fill in & Fill out都有---"...當作 "填寫" 之意時, "fill in" 和 "fill out" 皆可... (語意學上而言), "fill in" 意指要填寫的東西是較小的...
to ｆｉｌｌ ｏｕｔ = to complete 「填寫」 英文解釋：said of blanks...副詞，表『完全地』之意 若以一般名詞作受詞時 可至於 out 之前或之後 如 to fill out the form 或 to fill it out 都可以 但若是代名詞，才要放在 out 之前 如 to...
fill in the box with correct answer:將正確答案填入框框內 fill out the form: <有complete的意思>(完成)填寫表格 通常在書上你...