- a mathematical relationship or rule expressed in symbols；a set of chemical symbols showing the elements present in a compound and their relative proportions.
noun: formula, plural noun: formulae
- 1. a mathematical relationship or rule expressed in symbols the formula for the capacitance of a spherical capacitor
- ▪ a set of chemical symbols showing the elements present in a compound and their relative proportions.
- 2. a list of ingredients with which something is made a blend of fifteen whiskies compiled to a secret formula
- ▪ a formulation an original coal tar formula that helps prevent dandruff 同義詞
- ▪ a baby's liquid food based on cow's milk or soya protein, given as a substitute for breast milk she put two bottles of formula in the fridge
- 3. a method or procedure for achieving something the forlorn hope of finding a peace formula 同義詞
- 4. a set form of words, especially one used in particular contexts or as a conventional usage polite formulas and stock phrases a legal formula 同義詞
- ▪ a rule or style followed mechanically one of those formula tunes
- ▪ a stock epithet, phrase, or line repeated for various effects, especially in epic poetry.
- 5. (usually followed by a numeral) a classification of racing car, especially by the engine capacity formula two