- engage in a close fight or struggle without weapons; wrestle；seize hold of (someone)
- an act of grappling.；a wrestling match.
verb: grapple, 3rd person present: grapples, gerund or present participle: grappling, past tense: grappled, past participle: grappled
noun: grapple, plural noun: grapples
- 1. engage in a close fight or struggle without weapons; wrestle passers-by grappled with the man after the knife attack 同義詞
- ▪ seize hold of (someone) he grappled the young man around the throat 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ struggle to deal with or overcome (a difficulty or challenge) other towns are still grappling with the problem 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. archaic seize or hold with a grappling hook.
- 1. an act of grappling.
- ▪ informal a wrestling match.
- 2. an instrument for seizing hold of something; a grappling hook.
- engage in a close fight or struggle without weapons; wrestle: passersby grappled with the man after the knife attack
- an act of grappling.
Oxford American Dictionary