- swallow (drink or food) quickly or in large mouthfuls, often audibly；breathe in (air) deeply and quickly.
- an act of gulping food or drink；a large mouthful of liquid hastily drunk
verb: gulp, 3rd person present: gulps, gerund or present participle: gulping, past tense: gulped, past participle: gulped
noun: gulp, plural noun: gulps
- 1. swallow (drink or food) quickly or in large mouthfuls, often audibly he gulped down the last of his coffee 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ breathe in (air) deeply and quickly.
- ▪ breathe or swallow with difficulty, typically in response to strong emotion she gulped back the tears Laura gulped nervously 同義詞 反義詞
- 1. an act of gulping food or drink she finished her drink in one gulp
- ▪ a large mouthful of liquid hastily drunk I took a gulp of beer
- ▪ a large quantity of air breathed in.
- ▪ a swallowing movement of the throat the chairman gave an audible gulp