- expend money with the expectation of achieving a profit or material result by putting it into financial plans, shares, or property, or by using it to develop a commercial venture；devote (one's time, effort, or energy) to a particular undertaking with the expectation of a worthwhile result
verb: invest, 3rd person present: invests, gerund or present participle: investing, past tense: invested, past participle: invested
- 1. expend money with the expectation of achieving a profit or material result by putting it into financial plans, shares, or property, or by using it to develop a commercial venture the company is to invest $12 million in its new manufacturing site getting workers to invest in private pension funds 同義詞
- ▪ devote (one's time, effort, or energy) to a particular undertaking with the expectation of a worthwhile result politicians who have invested so much time in the Constitution would be crestfallen 同義詞
- ▪ informal buy (something) whose usefulness will repay the cost I invested in an expensive moisturizer and tried to drink more water
- 2. provide or endow someone or something with (a particular quality or attribute) the passage of time has invested the words with an unintended humor 同義詞
- ▪ endow someone with (a rank or office) he was invested as Head of State on October 1,1936 同義詞
- ▪ establish a right or power in all executive powers were invested in the Secretary of State 同義詞
- 3. archaic clothe or cover with a garment he stands before you invested in the full canonicals of his calling
- 4. archaic surround (a place) in order to besiege or blockade it Fort Pulaski was invested and captured 同義詞
- put (money) into financial schemes, shares, property, or a commercial venture with the ... the company is to invest £12 m in its manufacturing site at Linlithglow getting workers to invest in private pension funds
... I could invent one product, it would be the disappearing machine. Invest 1. When I grow up, I would like to invest my money in real...
1. 介係詞 + 動詞，該動詞要改為動名詞。(英文文法) 2. 不是，overtime有加班、超時工作的意思。overword有加班、超量工作的意思。例如自己本份內的工作，超時做不完而加班要用overtime；老闆額外給你的工作而加班，就該用overwork。 3.Agnet可作為代理商，但多只個人而言...
Invest 的意思就是 to use your money in a way that you hope to increase its value 比如說: When people buy houses they are investing a lot of money.