- put down, especially gently or carefully；prevent (something) from rising off the ground
- the general appearance of an area, including the direction of streams, hills, and similar features；the position or direction in which something lies
verb: lay, 3rd person present: lays, gerund or present participle: laying, past tense: laid, past participle: laid
- 1. put down, especially gently or carefully she laid the baby in his crib 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ prevent (something) from rising off the ground there may have been the odd light shower just to lay the dust
- 2. put down and set in position for use it is advisable to have your carpet laid by a professional the groundwork for change had been laid
- ▪ British set cutlery, crockery, and mats on (a table) in preparation for a meal she laid the table for the evening meal
- ▪ cover (a surface) with objects or a substance the floor was laid with tiles
- ▪ put the material for (a fire) in place and arrange it.
- ▪ make ready (a trap) for someone she wouldn't put it past him to lay a trap for her
- ▪ work out (an idea or suggestion) in detail ready for use or presentation I'd like more time to lay my plans 同義詞
- ▪ present information or suggestions to be considered and acted upon by (someone) he laid before the House proposals for the establishment of the committee 同義詞
- ▪ locate (an episode in a play, novel, etc.) in a certain place no one who knew the area could be in doubt where the scene was laid
- ▪ stake (an amount of money) in a wager she suspected he was pulling her leg, but she wouldn't have laid money on it 同義詞
- 3. used with an abstract noun so that the phrase formed has the same meaning as the verb related to the noun used, e.g., “lay the blame on” means ‘to blame’ she laid great stress on little courtesies 同義詞 反義詞
- 4. (of a female bird, insect, reptile, or amphibian) produce (an egg) from inside the body flamingos lay only one egg the hens were laying at the same rate as usual 同義詞
- 5. vulgar slang have sexual intercourse with.
- 6. follow (a specified course) I'm going to lay a course for Ibiza harbor
- 1. the general appearance of an area, including the direction of streams, hills, and similar features the lay of the surrounding countryside
- ▪ the position or direction in which something lies roll the carpet against the lay of the nap
- ▪ the direction or amount of twist in rope strands.
- 2. vulgar slang an act of sexual intercourse.
- ▪ a person with a particular ability or availability as a sexual partner.
- 3. the laying of eggs or the period during which they are laid the onset of lay may be marked by a dropping of the duck's abdomen
- get laid
- lay something bare
- lay a charge
- lay claim to something
- lay down one's arms
- lay down one's life
- lay the ghost
- lay hands on
- lay hold of
- lay someone low
- lay something on thick
- lay someone open to
- lay over
- lay about someone
- lay something aside
- lay something down
- lay something in
- lay into
- lay off
- lay someone off
- lay something on
- lay someone out
- lay something out
- lay up
- lay someone up
- lay something up
- lay about one
Lie-Lie-Lie DJ OZMA Lie...la-Lie Lie-Lie-Lie-la-Lie She says Good-bye 予感...) 我只會Liar（Liar） Lie-La-La Lie-La-La...
lie (v)說謊，三態為 lie lied lied (規則變化) He lied about ...n)謊言 He would take a lie from no man. 他不聽人謊言。 lie (v)躺、臥，三態為 lie lay lain (不規則變化...
...竟然 把 自己的母語 給 忘記了? 2. 王子先生 好奇的是 其中lies的用法 因為lie當動詞時通常是用lie in 或 lie to ... 為神? 因為 這是倒裝句. 3. 字典裡找...