- impose (a tax, fee, or fine)；impose a tax, fee, or fine on
- an act of levying a tax, fee, or fine；a tax so raised
verb: levy, 3rd person present: levies, gerund or present participle: levying, past tense: levied, past participle: levied
noun: levy, plural noun: levies
- 1. impose (a tax, fee, or fine) a new tax could be levied on industry to pay for cleaning up contaminated land 同義詞
- ▪ impose a tax, fee, or fine on there will be powers to levy the owner 同義詞
- ▪ seize (property) to satisfy a legal judgment there were no goods to levy upon
- 2. archaic enlist (someone) for military service he sought to levy one man from each parish for service 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ begin to wage (war) they then proceeded without further ceremony to levy war upon the king
- 1. an act of levying a tax, fee, or fine union members were hit with a 2 percent levy on all pay 同義詞
- ▪ a tax so raised we all pay a fossil fuel levy in our electricity bills
- ▪ a sum collected for a specific purpose, especially as a supplement to an existing subscription. 同義詞
- ▪ an item or set of items of property seized to satisfy a legal judgment.
- 2. historical an act of enlisting troops Edward I and Edward II had made substantial use of the feudal levy for raising an army
- ▪ a body of troops that have been enlisted lightly armed local levies 同義詞
版主您好～～～ 除了 Lucien Levy-Bruhl的「互滲律」之外，其他兩個概念也一併...還有：http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Lucien_Levy-Bruhl 粗淺整理供參考之，謝謝您的發問提供...
The state levies a 5.5% sales tax. Green has purchased a car at...
... Ludden reports. County exective Steve Levy made headline last summer when he started forcing immigrants...