- each of a pair of birds or other animals；a person's husband, wife, or other sexual partner
- (of animals or birds) come together for breeding; copulate；bring (animals or birds) together for breeding
verb: mate, 3rd person present: mates, gerund or present participle: mating, past tense: mated, past participle: mated
noun: mate, plural noun: mates
- 1. each of a pair of birds or other animals a male bird sings to court a mate
- ▪ informal a person's husband, wife, or other sexual partner he couldn't satisfy his frisky young mate 同義詞
- ▪ informal one of a matched pair a sock without its mate 同義詞
- 2. a fellow member or joint occupant of a specified thing his tablemates 同義詞
- 3. British informal a friend or companion my best mate Steve I was with a mate 同義詞
- ▪ used as a friendly form of address between men or boys “See you then, mate.” 同義詞
- 4. British an assistant to a skilled worker a plumber's mate 同義詞
- ▪ a deck officer on a merchant ship subordinate to the master.
- 1. (of animals or birds) come together for breeding; copulate successful males may mate with many females 同義詞
- ▪ bring (animals or birds) together for breeding a male is mated to several females 同義詞
- 2. connect or be connected mechanically a four-cylinder engine mated to a five-speed gearbox
...finish 所以 matte finish 呢，就是指不反光表面啦～ 2009-08-10 23:43:34 補充： Mate 是有「朋友」的那種意思 外國人口語中常常會用 mate 來叫人 例如 Thanks...
「mate」是朋友也是性行為 澳洲政府禁用引爆爭議 【東森新聞報 記者溫元樸／編譯...引爆贊成與反對雙方針鋒相對，事件是起於政府下令，在公開場合中禁止使用「mate」這個字眼，原因則是會有不雅的聯想，為什麼這個簡單的英文單字，會引發...
你可以參考這個網站http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mate?s=t 裡面的第21個意思。 我也順便查了一下嚙合這個詞的意思，指的是齒輪...