- a thing, especially a building, which is very large and unsightly；a grossly malformed animal or plant.
noun: monstrosity, plural noun: monstrosities
- 1. a thing, especially a building, which is very large and unsightly the shopping centre, a multi-storey monstrosity of raw concrete 同義詞 eyesore, horror, blot on the landscape, carbuncle, excrescence
- ▪ a grossly malformed animal or plant. 同義詞 mutant, mutation, freak, freak of nature, monster, ... 更多
- 2. a thing which is outrageously evil or wrong how could anyone be capable of such monstrosities?
- 3. the state or fact of being monstrous had my tone of reason in the face of monstrosity finally registered?
- something, especially a building, that is very large and is considered unsightly: the shopping center, a multistory monstrosity of raw concrete
Oxford American Dictionary