- succeed in forcing a way into or through (a thing)；(of a man) insert the penis into the vagina or anus of (a sexual partner).
verb: penetrate, 3rd person present: penetrates, gerund or present participle: penetrating, past tense: penetrated, past participle: penetrated
- 1. succeed in forcing a way into or through (a thing) the shrapnel had penetrated his head and chest tunnels that penetrate deep into the earth's core 同義詞
- ▪ (of a man) insert the penis into the vagina or anus of (a sexual partner).
- ▪ infiltrate (an enemy group or rival organization) in order to spy on it they feared that their council had been penetrated by informers 同義詞
- ▪ (of a company) begin to sell its products in (a particular market or area) Honda has succeeded in penetrating Western motorcycle markets
- ▪ succeed in understanding or gaining insight into (something complex or mysterious) a magician who seemed to have penetrated the mysteries of nature 同義詞
- ▪ be fully understood or realized by someone as his words penetrated, she saw a mental picture of him with Dawn 同義詞
- go into or through (something), especially with force or effort: the shrapnel had penetrated his head tunnels that penetrate deep into the earth's core