- 搭（帳篷）；紮（營） The boys pitched a tent by the river. 男孩子們在河邊搭起了帳蓬。
- 搭帳篷；安營 They pitched up for the night. 他們紮營過夜。
- 瀝青 The room was as dark as pitch. 房間裡漆黑一團。
- 場地 a football/rugby/hockey/cricket pitch 足球場／橄欖球場／曲棍球場／板球場 on/off the pitch 在場上／場下
- 投擲 the explosion pitched her into the air 爆炸把她拋向空中 the new government has already been pitched into a crisis 新政府已經陷入危機
- 猛然摔出 the rider pitched over the fence/into the water/off his horse 騎手摔過了圍欄／摔下來落入水中／從馬上摔下來
- 瀝青 (as) black as pitch 漆黑的
pitch 在足球用語是「足球場」。 on the pitch: 在這裡是說....如同兩個強隊的比賽，用「足球場上... and downs over the year. 只講這裡 on the pitch 的用法，所以將 on the pitch 加引號。 若要具體翻譯...
What's a story pitch? A newsworthy idea written up in a press release...and are on the receiving end of multiple story pitches each day. Break out of the pack with news that ...
pitch into somebody=you like pitching me. (Informal) meaning to attack or criticize somebody; eg:-...