- an instruction written by a medical practitioner that authorizes a patient to be issued with a medicine or treatment；the action of prescribing a medicine or treatment
noun: prescription, plural noun: prescriptions
- 1. an instruction written by a medical practitioner that authorizes a patient to be issued with a medicine or treatment:
he scribbled a prescription for tranquillizers
the lotion is available on prescription
- 2. the action of prescribing a medicine or treatment:
the unnecessary prescription of antibiotics
- 3. a medicine or remedy that is prescribed:
I've got to pick up my prescription from the chemist's
- 4. a recommendation that is authoritatively put forward:
effective prescriptions for sustaining rural communities
- 5. the authoritative recommendation of an action or procedure:
rather than prescription there would be guidance
- 6. the establishment of a claim founded on the basis of a long or indefinite period of uninterrupted use or of long-standing custom.
adj. (of a medicine) available for sale without a prescription.
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
- n.an instruction written by a medical practitioner that authorizes a patient to be provided a medicine or treatment:
- he scribbled a prescription for tranquilizers
antidepressants available only by prescription
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
prescription n. ( 名詞 noun ) n. ( 名詞 noun ) 1. 【事】 指定,條例,法規,法令...物】 處方上開的藥 5. 【律】 時效,法定期限 《例句》 negative [positive] prescription 消滅[取得]時效. 6. 【事】 【律】 (因長期使用等)獲得權利 《例句》 negative...
have my prescription filled. 才對 使役動詞have後面的 prescription 處方簽需要 "被"...
get your prescription filled購買您處方所需要的藥品KEYWORDS: prescription 處方，fill 滿足...