- 稀有的，罕見的 These flowers are very rare in this country. 這些花在該國很少見。
- （肉等）半熟的，煮得嫩的 I had a rare beef steak. 我吃了一塊做得很嫩的牛排。
- 【口】渴望的[Z][F][+to-v] The children were raring to get out into the snow. 孩子們渴望到外面雪地裡去玩。
- = European Association of Research Networks【電腦】一個歐洲的學術網路
- 罕見的; 珍稀的 it is rare (for sb.) to do sth. （某人）做某事難得 it's very rare for him to go to the library on a Saturday! 他星期六去圖書館是很少有的！
... + V原式 例: All you have to do is take advantage of this rare opportunity. = All you've got to do is take advantage of this...
...that these Europeans(這些歐洲人…是ㄧ件值得稱傲的事) ---who were rare in China(他們在中國為數非常少 -- 針對前述歐洲人的補述) 很有可能的...
Because Maggie Iikes rare steak. Maggie 喜歡兩分熟的牛排 不好意思 我都吃全熟 不確定 rare...