- an act of becoming fully aware of something as a fact；the achievement of something desired or anticipated
noun: realization, plural noun: realizations
- 1. an act of becoming fully aware of something as a fact a growing realization of the need to create common economic structures realization dawned suddenly 同義詞
- 2. the achievement of something desired or anticipated he did not live to see the realization of his dream 同義詞
- ▪ an actual form given to a concept or work a perfect realization of Bartók's Second Violin Concerto on disc
- ▪ the way in which a particular linguistic feature is used in speech or writing on a particular occasion verbal sequences were produced using segmental realization vowels have a startlingly wide range of realizations
- ▪ an instance or embodiment of an abstract group as the set of symmetry operations of some object or set.
- ▪ a particular series which might be generated by a specified random process.
- 3. the conversion of an asset into cash the realization of his assets in Spain
- ▪ a sale of goods auction realizations
- an act of becoming fully aware of something as a fact: there was a growing realization of the need to create common economic structures realization dawned suddenly
Oxford American Dictionary