- compensate for the faults or bad aspects of (something)；do something that compensates for poor past performance or behavior
verb: redeem, 3rd person present: redeems, gerund or present participle: redeeming, past tense: redeemed, past participle: redeemed
- 1. compensate for the faults or bad aspects of (something) a disappointing debate redeemed only by an outstanding speech the splendid views are the one redeeming feature of the center 同義詞
- ▪ do something that compensates for poor past performance or behavior they redeemed themselves in the playoffs by pushing the Detroit Red Wings to a seventh and deciding game 同義詞
- ▪ (of a person) atone or make amends for (error or evil) the thief on the cross who by a single act redeemed a life of evil 同義詞
- ▪ save (someone) from sin, error, or evil he was a sinner, redeemed by the grace of God 同義詞
- 2. gain or regain possession of (something) in exchange for payment his best suit had been redeemed from the pawnbrokers 同義詞
- ▪ repay (a stock, bond, or other instrument) at the maturity date.
- ▪ exchange (a coupon, voucher, or trading stamp) for merchandise, a discount, or money. 同義詞
- ▪ pay the necessary money to clear (a debt) owners were unable to redeem their mortgages 同義詞
- ▪ archaic buy the freedom of the captive had to mortgage his lands to raise the money to redeem himself
- 3. fulfill or carry out (a pledge or promise) the party prepared to redeem the pledges of the past three years 同義詞
- compensate for the faults or bad aspects of: a disappointing debate redeemed only by an outstanding speech
..., when present, are often morally ambiguous characters with redeeming qualities. 這反派角色, 往往是用補償的特質來全釋在道德上模棱兩...
贖回的價值 我不懂賭博，不過這個字常用 在其他地方（例如沒有redeeming quality的人就是一無事處的人） 所以我想如果電影是說這局沒有redeeming...
基金如何贖回？請告知！ How to redeem the fund? Please tell! 您好 How do you do 已收到寄來的函，告知...