- take the place of；provide or find a substitute for (something that is broken, old, or inoperative)
verb: replace, 3rd person present: replaces, gerund or present participle: replacing, past tense: replaced, past participle: replaced
- 1. take the place of Ian's smile was replaced by a frown
- ▪ provide or find a substitute for (something that is broken, old, or inoperative) the light bulb needs replacing 同義詞
- ▪ fill the role of (someone or something) with a substitute the government dismissed 3,000 of its customs inspectors, replacing them with new recruits 同義詞
- 2. put (something) back in a previous place or position he drained his glass and replaced it on the bar 同義詞 反義詞
- take the place of: Ian's smile was replaced by a frown
... instincts tells me "replace" is more appropriate. but, how about substitute? ...he is on vacation (she will return). But if you replace the teacher it is more likely you have taken the...
replace = 取代 substitute = 帶替 replace 是永久性的, substitute 是暫時的. Replace: After too many loses this year, our basketball team coach ...
...一般我們說substitute A for B=replace B with/by A (用A取代B)，而replace A for B...