- apply firm pressure to the surface of (something), using a repeated back and forth motion；move (one's hand, a cloth, or another object) back and forth against a surface
- an act of rubbing；an ointment designed to be rubbed on the skin to ease pain
noun: rub, plural noun: rubs
verb: rub, 3rd person present: rubs, gerund or present participle: rubbing, past tense: rubbed, past participle: rubbed
- 1. apply firm pressure to the surface of (something), using a repeated back and forth motion:
she rubbed her arm, where she had a large bruise
he rubbed at the earth on his jeans
- 2. move (one's hand, a cloth, or another object) back and forth against a surface:
he rubbed a finger round the rim of his mug
- 3. apply (ointment, polish, or a similar substance) with a back and forth motion:
she took out her sun cream and rubbed some on her nose
- 4. make dry, clean, or smooth by rubbing:
she found a towel and began rubbing her hair
I rubbed myself dry
- 5. work an ingredient into (a mixture) by breaking and blending it with firm movements of one's fingers:
sift the flour into a bowl and rub in the fat
- 6. reproduce the design of (a sepulchral brass or a stone) by rubbing paper laid on it with coloured wax, pencil, or chalk, etc.:
he was rubbing an old brass
- 7. (with reference to two things) move or cause to move to and fro against each other with a certain amount of friction:
many insects make noises by rubbing parts of their bodies together
the ice breaks into small floes that rub against each other
- 8. (of shoes or other hard items in contact with the skin) cause pain through friction:
badly fitting shoes can rub painfully
- 9. (of a bowl) be slowed or diverted by the unevenness of the ground.
- 1. an act of rubbing:
she pulled out a towel and gave her head a quick rub
- 2. an ointment designed to be rubbed on the skin to ease pain:
a muscle rub
- 3. a mixture of spices and other seasonings that is applied to the surface of meat or fish before cooking:
he will be using coffee in a rub for a rack of lamb
- 4. the central problem or difficulty in a situation:
that was the rub—she had not cared enough
- 5. (in bowling) an uneven patch of ground that impedes or diverts a bowl.
apply 就是用, 應用. spread 有塗抹開來的意思 rub 有 摩擦, 揉進去的意思 是有一點不一樣. 還有就是習慣用法, 你絕對不會說...
這是因為連音的關係。連音就是語音學中的 the linking of sounds，連音發生的必要條件如下：1. 必須在同一個意群 (thought group) 中的單字之間，方可產生連音。2. 當前一個字的字尾是子音，後一個字的字首是母音，此二音連唸形成連音。意群又稱氣群 (breath group...
●揉眼睛 =RUB EYES RUB有揉一揉的意思!!!! ●其他補充: RUB... back against my leg. 貓用背擦我的腿。 用...擦,擦上 He rubbed himself with a towel after the cold shower. 他冷水淋浴後用毛巾擦身。 把...