- throw in various random directions；cover (a surface) with objects thrown or spread randomly over it
- a small, dispersed amount of something；the degree to which repeated measurements or observations of a quantity differ.
noun: scatter, plural noun: scatters
verb: scatter, 3rd person present: scatters, gerund or present participle: scattering, past tense: scattered, past participle: scattered
- 1. throw in various random directions scatter the coconut over the icing his family are hoping to scatter his ashes at sea
- ▪ cover (a surface) with objects thrown or spread randomly over it the sandy beaches are scattered with driftwood 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ occur or be found at intervals rather than all together there are many mills scattered throughout the marshlands 同義詞
- 2. (of a group of people or animals) separate and move off quickly in different directions the roar made the dogs scatter 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ cause (a group of people or animals) to move off quickly in different directions he charged across the foyer, scattering people
- 3. deflect or diffuse (electromagnetic radiation or particles) the light is scattered as it strikes particles suspended in the air
- 4. (of a pitcher) allow (several hits) at intervals so as to result in little or no scoring Fernandez struck out 14 while scattering three hits over eight scoreless innings
- 1. a small, dispersed amount of something a scatter of houses on the north shore
- 2. the degree to which repeated measurements or observations of a quantity differ.
- 3. the scattering of light, other electromagnetic radiation, or particles.
...vt. (及物動詞 transitive verb) 使消散;使分散;使潰散 : The sun soon scattered the clouds. 太陽不久驅散了雲層。 撒;撒於...上;散佈[(+on/over/with...
scatter：散落 deal在此為a great deal of片語 之一部份 a great deal of：大量的 around在這裡補飾scatter之情況，就是到處的意思 scatter around ：四處散落 It has scattered a great deal of money around. 已經四處散落大量金錢
scatter vi. 1. 消散;分散;潰散 The crowd scattered when the police charged. 當警察衝過來時,人群便散開了。 swing set ph. 1...