- a violent disturbance of the atmosphere with strong winds and usually rain, thunder, lightning, or snow.；an intense low-pressure weather system; a cyclone.
- move angrily or forcefully in a specified direction；shout (something) angrily; rage
noun: storm, plural noun: storms
verb: storm, 3rd person present: storms, gerund or present participle: storming, past tense: stormed, past participle: stormed
- 1. a violent disturbance of the atmosphere with strong winds and usually rain, thunder, lightning, or snow. 同義詞
- ▪ an intense low-pressure weather system; a cyclone.
- ▪ a wind of force 10 on the Beaufort scale (48–55 knots or 88–102 km/h).
- ▪ a heavy discharge of missiles or blows two men were taken by a storm of bullets 同義詞
- 2. a tumultuous reaction; an uproar or controversy the book caused a storm in America the manager is at the centre of a drugs storm in Germany 同義詞
- ▪ a vehement outburst of a specified feeling or reaction the disclosure raised a storm of protest 同義詞
- 3. North American storm windows.
- 4. a direct assault by troops on a fortified place. 同義詞
- 1. move angrily or forcefully in a specified direction she burst into tears and stormed off he stormed out of the house 同義詞
- ▪ shout (something) angrily; rage ‘Don't patronize me!’ she stormed 同義詞
- ▪ move forcefully and decisively to a specified position in a game or contest Chester stormed back with two goals in five minutes
- 2. (of troops) suddenly attack and capture (a building or other place) by means of force commandos stormed a hijacked plane early today 同義詞
- 3. (of the weather) be violent, with strong winds and usually rain, thunder, lightning, or snow.
storm drain 跟 drain 不一樣嗎，一般城市街道兩旁泛指雨水的排水系統叫做storm drain 。沒有人用 drain 這個字，家裡的洗手台或浴缸或抽水馬桶都是一種 drain...
...039;ve done Afterthoughts Of past storms weathered before 以前那個狂亂的夜，我們之間...墜落Shaking顫抖著 Will the storm pass over us today?風暴會過去嗎? Or ...