- forcibly put an end to；prevent the development, action, or expression of (a feeling, impulse, idea, etc.); restrain
verb: suppress, 3rd person present: suppresses, gerund or present participle: suppressing, past tense: suppressed, past participle: suppressed
- 1. forcibly put an end to the uprising was savagely suppressed 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ prevent the development, action, or expression of (a feeling, impulse, idea, etc.); restrain she could not suppress a rising panic 同義詞
- ▪ prevent the dissemination of (information) the report had been suppressed 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ prevent or inhibit (a process or reaction) use of the drug suppressed the immune response
- ▪ partly or wholly eliminate (electrical interference).
- ▪ consciously inhibit (an unpleasant idea or memory) to avoid considering it.
- forcibly put an end to: the rising was savagely suppressed
警察負責管制交通, 預防並查禁犯罪行為, 執行各種職務, 並且協助一般的行政工作. supress 有查禁, 壓制的意思 vice 指罪行, 也有賣淫的意思. 但這裡似平是談到警察的基本而廣義的工作內容, 所以我選擇翻譯為犯罪行為.
...不懂 請闡明文意 ２． Perhapse the Chinese traditionally suppress individuality , and value the quality of being modest a lot. Parents as well...
... an application to mainly be divided in to defend fungi to suppress germ and in addition to dirty sweep two part to carry on a discussion.In defend the...