- 維持; 使…持續；支撐
過去式：sustained 過去分詞：sustained 現在分詞：sustaining
- 1. 維持; 使…持續 a sustained effort 不斷的努力 a sustained note 持續音
- 2. 支撐 they were sustained by the knowledge that eventually truth would prevail 他們知道真理必勝，這給了他們以力量
- 3. 遭受 to sustain a blow to the head 頭上捱一拳
- 4. 承受
- 5. 認可; 確認 objection sustained! 反對有效！
1. strengthen or support physically or mentally
2. bear (the weight of an object) without breaking or falling
3. undergo or suffer (something unpleasant, especially an injury)
4. cause to continue for an extended period or without interruption
5. uphold, affirm, or confirm the justice or validity of
「1. strengthen or support physically or mentally」的反義字
「2. bear (the weight of an object) without breaking or falling」的反義字
我支持 losses sustained by the defendant 解釋為 "被告所蒙受的損失"... the factual cause of the loss which the defendant sustained and in respect of which he claims compensation...
sustained：持續 property price：房屋價格 rises：上升 sustained property price...