過去式：tortured 過去分詞：tortured 現在分詞：torturing
- 1. 拷打，酷刑；拷問[U] Many of the POWs died under torture. 許多戰俘被折磨致死。
- 2. 折磨，痛苦[C][U][（+of）][+to-v] She suffered tortures from a toothache. 她受牙痛的折磨。 The sight of his sick brother was torture to him. 看到他生病的哥哥那副樣子令他非常痛苦。
- 3. 歪曲；扭曲[U]
- 1. 拷打；拷問[O][O2] The police tortured him to confess his crime. 警察拷打他，逼他招供。
- 2. 折磨；使為難[H][（+with/by）] He was tortured with anxiety. 他為焦慮所苦。
- 3. 歪曲；扭曲 Winds tortured the trees. 風把樹吹得歪歪斜斜。
1.請問non-state torture是什麼意思呢? Non-state torture is the torture inflicted by... given, by laws, with certain authorities). 2.torture與abuse有不同的意義嗎? They are different in the way how the victim and...
the sound of someone being tortured fills the apartment . be tortured [passive...amp;source=hp&q=%22the+sound+of+someone+being+tortured+%22&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs...
In order to get the honor,one needs to bear lots of tortures 人必須承受許多艱難才能得以享有無上的榮譽 因爲<天將降大任於斯人也，必先苦其心智，勞其 筋骨，餓其體膚，空乏其身...>