- a great victory or achievement；the state of being victorious or successful
- achieve a victory; be successful；rejoice or exult at a victory or success
noun: triumph, plural noun: triumphs
verb: triumph, 3rd person present: triumphs, gerund or present participle: triumphing, past tense: triumphed, past participle: triumphed
- 1. a great victory or achievement a garden built to celebrate Napoleon's many triumphs 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ the state of being victorious or successful the king returned home in triumph
- ▪ joy or satisfaction resulting from a success or victory ‘Here it is!’ Helen's voice rose in triumph 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ a highly successful example of something the marriage had been a triumph of togetherness 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. the processional entry of a victorious general into ancient Rome.
- 1. achieve a victory; be successful they had no chance of triumphing over the Nationalists 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ rejoice or exult at a victory or success she stopped triumphing over Mrs Ward's failure 同義詞
- 2. (of a Roman general) ride into ancient Rome after a victory.
- a great victory or achievement: a garden built to celebrate Napoleon's many triumphs
- achieve a victory; be successful: spectacle has once again triumphed over content
Oxford American Dictionary
success成功, victory勝利, triumph凱旋 就好像 good, better, the best 這種比較級一樣 三個都可以...success說起來還要再更有力(powerful)一些 triumph則是最高級的用法 *但是如果你把triumph這個字用在自己身上會顯得有點驕傲自大 所以多半不會用這個字來形容自己...
...1. 一個用意志、勇氣戰勝逆境的真實故事 ... Hers is a story of triumph against all odds 2. "White Coat, White ...
... only was the Erie Canal an engineering triumph, it quickly proved a financial success as well. (伊利運河不僅是一項工程上...