- an unoccupied position or job；an available room in a hotel or other establishment providing accommodations.
noun: vacancy, plural noun: vacancies
- 1. an unoccupied position or job a vacancy for a shorthand typist 同義詞 opening, position, vacant position, situation, situation vacant, ... 更多
- ▪ an available room in a hotel or other establishment providing accommodations. 同義詞 unoccupied room, room, accommodation available
- 2. empty space Cathy stared into vacancy, seeing nothing 同義詞 empty space, emptiness, vacuity, nothingness, void, ... 更多
- ▪ a defect in a crystal lattice, consisting of the absence of an atom or an ion from a position where there should be one.
- 3. lack of intelligence or understanding vacancy, vanity, and inane deception 同義詞 empty-headedness, lack of thought, lack of intelligence, brainlessness, denseness, ... 更多反義詞 intelligence
- an unoccupied position or job: a vacancy for a shorthand typist