過去式：veiled 過去分詞：veiled 現在分詞：veiling
- 1. 面紗，面罩[C] The bride's face was covered in a white veil. 新娘的臉上蒙著白色的面紗。
- 2. 帷幕；遮蔽物[S][（+of）] There was a veil of mist over the mountains. 山上覆蓋著一層薄霧。
- 3. 託詞；幌子[the S][（+of）] They did evil under the veil of patriotism. 他們在愛國主義的幌子下作惡。
- 4. 修女生涯；修女頭巾[the S] She took the veil when she was 18. 她十八歲時當了修女。
- 1. 以面紗遮掩 The women there used to veil their faces in public. 那裡的婦女過去在公共場合通常戴面紗。
- 2. 用帷幕分隔
- 3. 掩飾；遮蓋 She made no attempt to veil the contempt in her voice. 她語氣中毫不掩飾她的輕蔑。 Morning fog veiled the village. 晨霧籠罩著村莊。
- 1. 戴面紗
- 2. 【攝】出現輕度灰霧
「vi. & vt. 以面紗遮掩」的反義字
...reference only: "The symbolic significance of the black veil lies in the physical and mental barrier thatit creates...quot; http://www.essaysample.com/essay/003391.html "The veil is transformed from an object into a symbol, significant...
... shrouded in a large dark cloak that can carry its wearer across the veil between worlds. When going into battle he wields the...
避而不談 draw a veil over draw a veil over 避而不谈隐瞒 behind/beyond the veil to avoid discussion of 避而不谈, to avoid discussion of. 避而不談，隱瞞 Draw a veil/curtain over 这窗帘该洗了; Draw a veil/curtain over 避而不谈/隐瞒...