- have a desire to possess or do (something); wish for；wish to consult or speak to (someone)
- a lack or deficiency of something；the state of being poor and in need of essentials; poverty
noun: want, plural noun: wants
verb: want, 3rd person present: wants, gerund or present participle: wanting, past tense: wanted, past participle: wanted
- 1. have a desire to possess or do (something); wish for I want an apple we want to go to the beach 同義詞
- ▪ wish to consult or speak to (someone) Tony wants me in the studio
- ▪ (of the police) desire to question or apprehend (a suspected criminal) he is wanted by the police in connection with an arms theft
- ▪ desire (someone) sexually I've wanted you since the first moment I saw you
- ▪ North American informal desire to be in or out of a particular place or situation if anyone wants out, there's the door
- 2. informal ought, should, or need to do something you don't want to believe everything you hear 同義詞
- ▪ British (of a thing) require to be attended to in a specified way the wheel wants greasing 同義詞
- 3. literary lack or be short of something desirable or essential you shall want for nothing while you are with me
- ▪ archaic (chiefly used in expressions of time) be short of or lack (a specified amount or thing) it wanted twenty minutes to midnight it wants a few minutes of five o'clock
- 1. a lack or deficiency of something Victorian houses which are in want of repair it won't be through want of trying 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ the state of being poor and in need of essentials; poverty freedom from want 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. a desire for something the expression of our wants and desires 同義詞
...?)’ http://www.mp3lyrics.org/a/alan-jackson/where-were/ If you want to know more about him and his music, just go to my blog and ...
...大大好像沒有注意到後面的句子是before you go,用的是現在式,這跟前面的過去式wanted是衝突的,所以如果不是提問者抄錯,那就要考慮一下上下文的關係,這句話有可能...
want後面要加動詞的時候要加 to eg. want to go, want to sleep, want to jump 其他不用 eg. want a baby, want pretty clothes, want this, want that, want something.