1. (of a fire) flame or glow while consuming a material such as coal or wood
2. be or cause to be destroyed by fire
3. be or cause to be damaged, injured, or spoiled by heat or fire
4. feel hot or sore, typically as a result of illness or injury
5. be entirely possessed by (a desire or an emotion)
基本上這兩個都是burn的過去式及過去分詞的拼法！有此一說的是burned為American ...形容詞來用時，不管是American或British English，都要用burnt，如成語的：A burnt child dreads the fire.一朝被蛇咬...
burn up表示"燒完"、"燒掉"，相當於burn completely，表示動作的完成；而burn down表示"燒毀"、"燒成廢墟"...
“Burning Question”是每個人都很想知道結果/答案的問題。 burning question..., as a fire needs to be extinguished. There's a burning question that needs to be answered: Why did you ...