- not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other strong emotions；(of a place) peaceful, especially in contrast to recent violent activity
- the absence of violent or confrontational activity within a place or group；the absence of nervousness, agitation, or excitement in a person
- make (someone) tranquil and quiet; soothe；(of a person) become tranquil and quiet
noun: calm, plural noun: calms
- 1. not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other strong emotions:
she had to keep calm at all costs
his voice was calm
- 2. (of a place) peaceful, especially in contrast to recent violent activity:
the city was reported to be calm, but army patrols remained
- 3. (of the weather) pleasantly free from wind:
the night was clear and calm
- 4. (of the sea) not disturbed by large waves:
a dead calm sea
- 1. the absence of violent or confrontational activity within a place or group:
the elections proceeded in an atmosphere of relative calm
an edgy calm reigned in the capital
- 2. the absence of nervousness, agitation, or excitement in a person:
his usual calm deserted him
- 3. the absence of wind:
in the center of the storm calm prevailed
- 4. still air represented by force 0 on the Beaufort scale (less than 1 knot).
- 5. an area of the sea without wind.
- 1. make (someone) tranquil and quiet; soothe:
I took him inside and tried to calm him down
he lit a cigarette to calm his nerves
- 2. (of a person) become tranquil and quiet:
gradually I calmed down and lost my anxiety
...correct the mistake in your question: you cannot use "calm ponder", because "ponder" can only be used as verb..., you CANNOT interchange " calmly ponder" with "calm down" or vice versa.
1. 答案：(A) calm 也可以做形容詞。這裡的 keep 當連綴動詞使用，所以 calm 在這裡是當形容詞...
...這是個地下社群網站算是一種族群。http://themecraft.net/www/thechive.comKeep calm and Chive On 這個標語應是套自Keep Calm and ...