- take (a liquid) into the mouth and swallow；consume or be in the habit of consuming alcohol, especially to excess
- a liquid that can be swallowed as refreshment or nourishment；a quantity of liquid swallowed
verb: drink, 3rd person present: drinks, gerund or present participle: drinking, past tense: drank, past participle: drunk
- 1. take (a liquid) into the mouth and swallow:
we sat by the fire, drinking our coffee
he drank thirstily
- 2. consume or be in the habit of consuming alcohol, especially to excess:
she doesn't drink or smoke
he drank himself into a stupor
- 3. consume the rest of a drink, especially in a rapid manner.
- 4. (of a plant or a porous substance) absorb (moisture):
the seedlings apparently drink much more water than we had realized
- 5. (of wine) have a specified flavor or character when drunk:
this wine is really drinking beautifully
- 6. watch or listen to something with eager pleasure or interest:
she strolled to the window to drink in the view
- 1. a liquid that can be swallowed as refreshment or nourishment:
a table covered with food and drink
cans of soda and other drinks
- 2. a quantity of liquid swallowed:
he had a drink of water
- 3. alcohol, or the habitual or excessive consumption of alcohol:
the effects of too much drink
they both took to drink
- 4. a glass of liquid, especially when alcoholic:
we went for a drink
- 5. the sea or another large area of water:
he heaved the outboard motor into the drink
"你喝酒了嗎" Did you drink? 如果你在酒吧,朋友會直接這樣問,通常不會再加上 alcohol...該動作已經結束 (你可參考過去式的用法) I have drank. You have drank. He has drank...
He drank three bottles of beer and got drunk. [為什麼got後面接drunk...形容主詞的狀態，是個形容詞。 這裡說 「他喝了三瓶啤酒」，而 「變得」 drunk 「醉了」。 drunk 是形容喝酒之後無法控制行為，也就是 「醉了...
I drink all water. 這句話在語言邏輯上有點瑕疵。 I drink all water. 如果不加定冠詞...全天下的水都喝掉 我會建議 (一) 改成過去式並+上定冠詞 the => I drank all the water. (我把所有的水喝掉了) 因為現在式通常是在陳述一件指恆久不變...