- attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify；forgive (someone) for a fault or offense
- a reason or explanation put forward to defend or justify a fault or offense；a reason put forward to conceal the real reason for an action; a pretext
noun: excuse, plural noun: excuses
verb: excuse, 3rd person present: excuses, gerund or present participle: excusing, past tense: excused, past participle: excused
- 1. attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify he did nothing to hide or excuse Jacob's cruelty 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ forgive (someone) for a fault or offense you must excuse my sister he could be excused for feeling that he was born at the wrong time 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ overlook or forgive (a fault or offense) sit down—excuse the mess
- ▪ (of a fact or circumstance) serve in mitigation of (a person or act) his ability excuses most of his faults
- 2. release (someone) from a duty or requirement it will not be possible to excuse you from jury duty 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (used in polite formulas) allow (someone) to leave a room or gathering now, if you'll excuse us, we have to be getting along
- ▪ say politely that one is leaving I had to excuse myself and go out of the room
- ▪ (used especially by school pupils) be allowed to leave the room, especially to go to the bathroom please, can I be excused?
- 1. a reason or explanation put forward to defend or justify a fault or offense there can be no possible excuse for any further delay no one will have the excuse that they didn’t know 同義詞
- ▪ a reason put forward to conceal the real reason for an action; a pretext when the rain started he used it as an excuse to leave early. 同義詞
- 2. informal a poor or inadequate example of that pathetic excuse for a man! 同義詞
請問make an excuse與make excuses的差別<動詞...quot;make an excuse" 和 "make excuses" 意義差不多，只是在顧慮到主詞...等等，就又回復到類似”make an excuse”的情形： Many ...
...遇到外國人 剛好我要進去 外國人擋在門口 我就可以跟他說喔 這時候 excuse me 就是代表借過喔 聽英文老師說 excuse me 是類似禮貌的問候語...
這句excuse you並非髒話,不過是有責備人的意思. 我們常說excuse me對不起的意思,但說excuse you時大部分是對著...都沒有. 還有,有人做出沒禮貌的事,但沒表示,妳就說excuse you來責怪她的失禮. 例如有人插隊,只要說一聲excuse...