過去式：represented 過去分詞：represented 現在分詞：representing
- 1. 相當於 for the artist those five pictures represented a year's work 對那位畫家而言，那5幅畫相當於一年的工作 the new engine represents a major breakthrough in car design 這款新發動機代表了汽車設計的重大突破
- 2. 代表 Prince Charles represented the Queen at the ceremony 查爾斯王子代表女王參加慶典 he represented Great Britain at the Olympics 他代表英國參加該屆奧運會
- 3. 佔據 women writers are strongly represented in the list of new fiction published today 在當今新出版小說書單中，女性作家的作品佔了很大比例
- 4. 描繪 the painting represents a battle at sea 這幅畫表現的是一場海戰
- 5. 體現
- 6. 象徵 on this map a cross represents a church 在這張地圖上，十字代表教堂 open frontiers represent political freedom 開放的邊界象徵著政治自由
- 7. 表達 words cannot adequately represent our anger 言語不足以表達我們的憤怒
- 8. 演繹
- 9. 聲稱 he represented himself as a technical expert 他聲稱自己是技術專家 his supporters represent him to be a great statesman 他的支持者把他說成是一個偉大的政治家
1. be entitled or appointed to act or speak for (someone), especially in an official capacity
2. (of a competitor) participate in a sporting event on behalf of (one's club, town, region, or country)
3. act as a substitute for (someone), especially on an official occasion
4. constitute; amount to
5. be a specimen or example of; typify
6. depict (a particular subject) in a work of art
7. describe or portray in a particular way
8. (of a sign or symbol) have a particular signification; stand for
9. be a symbol or embodiment of
10. state or point out clearly
11. allege; claim
...個字當「代理／代表」意思時，用法有什麼差別是嗎? represent動詞 代理 She represented our... did the Statue of Liberty represent for new Immigrants? The king is represented...
present 跟 represent的差異?? present (Vt.) -- 贈送,呈獻 -- present (物) to 人 = give 物 to 人...play jokes on him whenever the opportunity presented itself. represent (Vt.) -- -- (抽象地)表現; 某物 represent (呈現 or 表現)出... In this...
...client. I speak on behalf of Tom 有點替Tom說幾句話的口氣 represent 就不限在人或人組成的團體,機構, 但是用在人時, 有比較強烈的代表性, 隱含...