- 1. 反對；違反 The fight against inflation has been going on for almost two years. 抑制通貨膨脹的抗鬥已展開近兩年了。
- 2. 逆；對著 They sounded a sharp warning against all these tendencies. 對於這種種傾向，他們發出了嚴厲的警告。
- 3. 倚；靠 His desk is against the wall. 他的辦公桌靠牆放著。
- 4. 以……為背景 The little red house looks so beautiful against the green woods. 那座紅色的小屋在翠綠的森林襯托下顯得很美。
- 5. 防備；預防 We bought some warm clothes against the coming winter. 我們添置了一些禦寒的衣服以迎接即將來臨的冬季。
- 6. 不利於 She has said nothing against you. 她並沒有說任何對你不利的話。
- 7. 對比；對照 He checked the contents of the box against the bill. 他對照貨單檢查了箱子裡裝的東西。
- 違背 She went against her father. 她違背她父親。 Teenagers often go against the stream. 青少年經常反潮流而動。
- 使某人和某人競爭, 對抗 He always sets a friend against another. 他總是挑撥一個朋友反對另一個朋友。 The advantages must be set against the disadvantages. 必須把優點和缺點加以權衡。
- 作出不利於...的判決 The judge had decided against him. 法官的判決對他不利。
- 在...對面 He lived over against the church. 他住在教堂對面。
- 與...相反; 不利於 The evidence makes against his theory. 證據同他的看法相反。
- 接近某人/某物時輕輕相碰 A cat brushed against her leg in the darkness. 黑暗中, 一隻貓蹭著了她的腿。
- 反對; 經受住 The mayor stood against the project to build a new station. 市長反對建立一個新站的計劃。 That fence will not stand against the wind. 這個籬笆不會經受住大風的吹刮。
- 被認為對...不利 Her past record counts against her. 她過去的經歷對她不利。
against all odds 曾是80年代的一首西洋流行歌名. 我用我的 OKWAP...如果你是男性, 患色盲的可能性在十二分之一左右。 詞組:odds against 例: The odds against you getting killed in a...
...opinion is turned over in my own mind. 3.lean on & lean against 例子: (1) Please don't lean against the wall (2) ...
Race against time 是指跟時間賽跑或善用每分每秒的意思..其中的against是不需要用來個別翻譯...分每秒..不用照字面逐字翻譯. 希望對你有幫助 2008-01-01 16:14:50 補充： against用法很多,如: 反對;違反 The fight against inflation has been...