- (of a person or their mind) be astonished or baffled when trying to imagine something；cause (a person or their mind) to be astonished
verb: boggle, 3rd person present: boggles, gerund or present participle: boggling, past tense: boggled, past participle: boggled
- 1. (of a person or their mind) be astonished or baffled when trying to imagine something:
the mind boggles at the spectacle
- 2. cause (a person or their mind) to be astonished:
the inflated salary of a star boggles the mind
- 3. (of a person) hesitate to do or accept:
you never boggle at plain speaking
- v.(of a person or a person's mind) be astonished or overwhelmed when trying to imagine something:
- the mind boggles at the spectacle
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
翻譯前：The existence of pretend numbers that matter in the real world boggles the mind and the fact that infinitely small changes follow the same fundamental ...
...cause a tornado on the other side of the planet? this is the kind of question that boggles some scientists what they are dealing with is chaos...
... name perfectly well but I had a temporary block." (無法思考) Boggled: adj. boggle, verb: to confuse, surprise, shock, amaze, stun, stagger, bewilder, astound, daze, confound...