- (of a person or their mind) be astonished or baffled when trying to imagine something；cause (a person or their mind) to be astonished
verb: boggle, 3rd person present: boggles, gerund or present participle: boggling, past tense: boggled, past participle: boggled
- 1. informal (of a person or their mind) be astonished or baffled when trying to imagine something the mind boggles at the spectacle 同義詞
- ▪ informal cause (a person or their mind) to be astonished the inflated salary of a star boggles the mind 同義詞
- ▪ informal (of a person) hesitate to do or accept you never boggle at plain speaking 同義詞
- (of a person or a person's mind) be astonished or overwhelmed when trying to imagine something: the mind boggles at the spectacle
Oxford American Dictionary
翻譯前：The existence of pretend numbers that matter in the real world boggles the mind and the fact that infinitely small changes follow the same fundamental ...
...cause a tornado on the other side of the planet? this is the kind of question that boggles some scientists what they are dealing with is chaos...
... name perfectly well but I had a temporary block." (無法思考) Boggled: adj. boggle, verb: to confuse, surprise, shock, amaze, stun, stagger, bewilder, astound, daze, confound...