- a possibility of something happening；the probability of something desirable happening
- fortuitous; accidental
- do something by accident or without intending to；find or see by accident
noun: chance, plural noun: chances
verb: chance, 3rd person present: chances, gerund or present participle: chancing, past tense: chanced, past participle: chanced
- 1. a possibility of something happening there is a chance of winning the raffle there is little chance of his finding a job 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ the probability of something desirable happening he played down his chances of becoming chairman
- ▪ an opportunity to do or achieve something I gave her a chance to answer 同義詞
- 2. the occurrence of events in the absence of any obvious intention or cause he met his brother by chance 同義詞
- 1. fortuitous; accidental a chance meeting
- 1. do something by accident or without intending to he was very effusive if they chanced to meet 同義詞
- ▪ find or see by accident he chanced upon an interesting advertisement
- 2. informal do (something) despite its being dangerous or of uncertain outcome they chanced a late holiday 同義詞
Chance 當名詞用時可跟介系詞 at, for, of 和 on 連用：... are very short, so there is little chance for real discussion. (會議都很短，所以沒有什麼機會進行...不久他便有了向她解釋那件事的機會)。 由上可知，chance 和 opportunity 意為「機會」時可謂同義字，如 I...
chance 圖片參考：http://tw.yimg.com/i/tw/dictionary/pic/xr.gif a. ( 形容詞 adjective...vt. ( 及物動詞 transitive verb ) a. ( 形容詞 adjective ) 1. 偶然的 《例句》 a chance hit 偶然打中 a chance customer 偶然光顧的顧客. ▲ top n. ( 名詞 noun ) 1. 【事...
fighting chance這個名詞的意思是指[參戰的機會]，但並不表示已經成功了。所以造句時，這...不能用來表示已戰勝. 字典例句有: Give them a fighting chance. Thereis a fight chance that youwill succeed. We have a fighting...