- a site for depositing rubbish.；a heap of rubbish left at a dump.
- deposit or dispose of (rubbish, waste, or unwanted material), typically in a careless or hurried way；abandon (something) hurriedly in order to make an escape
verb: dump, 3rd person present: dumps, gerund or present participle: dumping, past tense: dumped, past participle: dumped
noun: dump, plural noun: dumps
- 1. a site for depositing rubbish. 同義詞
- ▪ a heap of rubbish left at a dump.
- ▪ a place where a particular kind of waste, especially dangerous waste, is left a nuclear waste dump
- ▪ a place where weapons and other military equipment is stored an ammunitions dump
- 2. informal an unpleasant or dreary place why are you living in a dump like this? 同義詞
- 3. an act of copying stored data to a different location, performed typically as a protection against loss.
- ▪ a printout or list of the contents of a computer's memory, occurring typically after a system failure.
- 4. vulgar slang an act of defecation.
- 1. deposit or dispose of (rubbish, waste, or unwanted material), typically in a careless or hurried way trucks dumped 1,900 tons of refuse here 同義詞
- ▪ abandon (something) hurriedly in order to make an escape the couple dumped the car and fled
- ▪ put (something) down heavily or carelessly she dumped her knapsack on the floor 同義詞
- ▪ informal abandon or desert (someone) you'll get tired of me and dump me 同義詞
- ▪ send (goods unsaleable in the home market) to a foreign market for sale at a low price these countries have been dumping cheap fertilizers on the UK market
- ▪ informal sell off (assets) rapidly investors dumped shares in scores of other consumer goods firms
- 2. copy (stored data) to a different location, especially so as to protect against loss.
- ▪ print out or list the contents of (a store), especially after a system failure.
... the United States it has been standard practice to dump wastes created such as garbage, plastics, and radioactive decay...
...美式), rubbish(英式),都可以指「垃圾」、「廢棄物」。但是dump則是倒置大量垃圾的「垃圾場」。refuse則是正式場合（formal...垃圾 Ex: Take the old furniture to the rubbish dump. 把就家俱搬去垃圾場。 (2)低品質的或不正確的東西（非正式...
... pathogens on the surface of inocul ated tomotoes and in dumping watera. 翻譯 ClO2 浸漬在接種的 tomotoes 的表面上和...