- bring (a task or activity) to an end; complete；consume or get through the final amount or portion of (something, especially food or drink)
- an end or final part or stage of something；a point or place at which a race or competition ends
noun: finish, plural noun: finishes
verb: finish, 3rd person present: finishes, gerund or present participle: finishing, past tense: finished, past participle: finished
- 1. bring (a task or activity) to an end; complete they were straining to finish the job we finished eating our meal 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ consume or get through the final amount or portion of (something, especially food or drink) finish your fajita while it's still hot Jerry finished off a margarita 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of an activity) come to an end the war has finished but nothing has changed 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ have no more need for or nothing more to do with “I've finished with Tom,” Gloria said
- ▪ reach the end of a race or other sporting competition, typically in a particular position she finished third in the 3-meter springboard diving
- 2. complete the manufacture or decoration of (a material, object, or place) by giving it an attractive surface appearance the interior was finished with V-jointed American oak 同義詞
- ▪ complete the fattening of (livestock) before slaughter over 100,000 head of cattle are finished every year a reduction in prices for finished cattle
- 3. dated prepare (a girl) for entry into fashionable society where were you finished?
- 1. an end or final part or stage of something a bowl of raspberries was the perfect finish to the meal I really enjoyed the film from start to finish 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ a point or place at which a race or competition ends he surged into a winning lead 200 meters from the finish 同義詞
- 2. the manner in which the manufacture of an article is completed in detail wide variation in specification and finish
- ▪ the surface appearance of a manufactured material or object, or the material used to produce this lightweight nylon with a shiny finish 同義詞
- ▪ the final taste impression of a wine or beer the wine has a lemony tang on the finish
...恐有錯誤, 也是很多人的文法盲點: >I have finished my work for two days. (X) >...larr; do是可延續動詞 The maid has finished cleaning the room half an hour ago. (X...
clean finish 中文稱做「還口」。 這解釋起來有點難，但若用動作來表示或許只要二秒鐘...
Oil finished means: the paint or the coating on the instrument is oil .... 2012-02-29 12:10:25 補充： If you want to learn more about "finish" especially for wood, you read more about it at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...