- the lower extremity of the leg below the ankle, on which a person stands or walks.；a corresponding part of the leg in vertebrate animals.
- cover a distance, especially a long one, on foot；dance
noun: foot, plural noun: feet
- 1. the lower extremity of the leg below the ankle, on which a person stands or walks. 同義詞
- ▪ a corresponding part of the leg in vertebrate animals. 同義詞
- ▪ a locomotory or adhesive organ of an invertebrate.
- ▪ the part of a sock, stocking, etc. that covers the foot.
- ▪ literary a person's manner or speed of walking or running fleet of foot
- ▪ British historical, formal infantry; foot soldiers a captain of foot
- 2. a projecting part on which a piece of furniture or each of its legs stands.
- ▪ a device on a sewing machine for holding the material steady as it is sewn.
- ▪ the part by which a petal is attached.
- 3. the lower or lowest part of something; the base or bottom the foot of the stairs 同義詞
- ▪ the end of a table that is furthest from where the host sits.
- ▪ the end of a bed, couch, or grave where the occupant's feet normally rest.
- ▪ the lower edge of a sail.
- 4. a unit of linear measure equal to 12 inches (30.48 cm) shallow water no more than a foot deep
- ▪ a unit used in describing sets of organ pipes or harpsichord strings, in terms of the average or approximate length of the vibrating column of air or the string which produces the sound a sixteen-foot stop
- 5. a group of syllables constituting a metrical unit. In English poetry it consists of stressed and unstressed syllables, while in ancient classical poetry it consists of long and short syllables.
- 1. informal cover a distance, especially a long one, on foot the rider was left to foot it ten or twelve miles back to camp
- ▪ informal dance the dance of fairies, footing it to the cricket's song
- at someone's feet
- be rushed off one's feet
- the shoe is on the other foot
- feet of clay
- foot the bill
- get one's feet wet
- get off on the right foot
- get off on the wrong foot
- have something at one's feet
- have one's feet on the ground
- have a foot in both camps
- have a foot in the door
- have one foot in the grave
- hold someone's feet to the fire
- keep one's feet on the ground
- my foot!
- off one's feet
- on one's feet
- on foot
- on the back foot
- on the front foot
- put one's best foot forward
- put one's feet up
- put one's foot down
- put one's foot in it
- set foot in
- set something on foot
- sweep someone off their feet
- think on one's feet
- to one's feet
feet是foot的複數形。 He wiped... stamped their feet to keep warm. Mary slid her... was an error message at the foot of the page.本頁的底部以前有一個錯誤...
My foot is asleep的意思是﹁我的腳麻了﹂或﹁我的腳失去...時間不調整姿勢，隨著血液不流通與壓迫神經傳導，自己的腳就會麻痺。My foot is asleep不能直譯為我的腳睡著了，而是翻成較口語化的我的腳麻了或...
...: In Standard English, foot and feet have their own rules when...mile in place of Standard English three feet and five miles in certain contexts. ...