- teach (a person or animal) a particular skill or type of behavior through practice and instruction over a period of time；be taught through practice and instruction over a period of time
- a series of railroad cars moved as a unit by a locomotive or by integral motors；a succession of vehicles or pack animals traveling in the same direction
verb: train, 3rd person present: trains, gerund or present participle: training, past tense: trained, past participle: trained
noun: train, plural noun: trains
- 1. teach (a person or animal) a particular skill or type of behavior through practice and instruction over a period of time the plan trains people for promotion the dogs are trained to sniff out illegal stowaways 同義詞
- ▪ be taught through practice and instruction over a period of time he trained as a classicist 同義詞
- ▪ develop and improve (a mental or physical faculty) through instruction or practice it's a learning experience— I have to train my eyes again and refine my footwork have you ever done any vocal exercises or anything else to train your voice?
- ▪ cause (a plant) to grow in a particular direction or into a required shape they trained roses over their houses
- ▪ undertake a course of exercise and diet in order to reach or maintain a high level of physical fitness she trains three times a week last October I started training for the London Marathon 同義詞
- ▪ cause to undertake a course of physical exercise the horse was trained in Paris 同義詞
- ▪ reduce one's weight through diet and exercise in order to be fit for a particular event he trained down to middleweight
- 2. point or aim something, typically a gun or camera, at the detective trained his gun on the side door 同義詞
- 3. dated go by train Charles trained to Chicago with Emily
- 4. archaic entice (someone) by offering pleasure or a reward.
- 1. a series of railroad cars moved as a unit by a locomotive or by integral motors a freight train the journey took two hours by train
- 2. a succession of vehicles or pack animals traveling in the same direction a camel train 同義詞
- ▪ a retinue of attendants accompanying an important person a minister and his train of attendants 同義詞
- ▪ a series of gears or other connected parts in machinery a train of gears
- ▪ a series of connected events you may be setting in motion a train of events that will cause harm 同義詞
- 3. a long piece of material attached to the back of a formal dress or robe that trails along the ground the bride wore a cream silk dress with a train 同義詞
- 4. a trail of gunpowder for firing an explosive charge.
Spot training 最常見是健身，瘦身訓練中，針對身體某特定部位 （不...某處大小便。有篇蠻有趣的文章提到他們家的狗受過 spot training 之後，過一陣子，又故態復萌，隨處小便。標題是：...
train除了火車跟訓練外 還有很多其他意思喔 每個意思不一定都要相關 有時候有可能...意思卻完全不同 當然 大部分的時候是相關的 不過 完全不同時也不用懷疑 :) train -- 長長拖曳的裙襬 Her father accidentally stepped on her train...
...補充： 3. 通常月台都會有編號，所以我要說的是你確定那一句 The local train is across from the platform 沒有遺漏的字嗎？〈其實我在翻這句時一直覺得...